Long code (eg. +91 92247-92247), generally known as Long number or virtual mobile number, it is a receiving mechanism which is used by businesses to receive their SMS messages and voice calls.
It can be Dedicated or shared Mobile Number to be used for SMS Campaign without paying Premium Charges by the sender as in the case of shortcode number, it provides all features of a Shortcode and sender is charged only as per their Normal SMS Charges as he sends to any other mobile number.
Longcode enable 2 way communication between Organisation/Company and their Users/clients and widely used for value-added services such as Reality Show Voting, Customers Feedback, Voting/Polling, Automated Lead Generation, Online Subscriptions, Examination Results & Media Entertainment Marketing Verticals.
Long Code SMS Service Features
- Real Time Reporting
- Control panel to view responses
- Real Time Editing
- Customized welcome messaging
- URL forwarding.
- Normal SMS charges apply
- Easy to use and add to mobile phone address books
Long SMS Service Vs Short Code SMS Service , Read The Differences:
- There are few differences between Long code and Short code sms messaging service
- Long codes providers are cheaper and faster to implement
- Popular keywords are always available for long code
- Another advantage of long code is that it allows 2-way communication, allowing audience to reply to the message received in way
- Long Code SMS Service Pricing is cheaper for the end customer